Friday, November 20, 2009

San Francisco

As you know from Megan's Blog, we went to San Francisco last week. It was a fun trip.

We went to see Wicked on Wednesday night. It was a pretty good play, but I had some difficulty keeping my thoughts on track. You see, being traumatized as a child from the initial viewing of the Wizard of Oz, I had some preconceptions when we arrived at the play. I had heard that the play was the story about some of the characters prior to the movie. I guess the first thing that distracted my thoughts was the part in the movie where it was revealed that the whole episode was a dream caused by a shutter hitting Dorothy in the head. I couldn't seem to rid my mind of that thought throughout the play. Anyway, the Wicked Witch of the West turned out to be very beautiful and instead of a cackley voice, she had a very good voice and could sing really well. Hmmm, not quite what I had remembered.

We also did some of the touristy stuff which was fun. We went to Half Moon Bay, did some shopping, went to see the beach and ate food at a little crab place.































On Friday after Megan left, Pam and I went back to Fisherman's Wharf and went on a little boat ride under the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz. After that, we ate at a bread factory nearby.















On Saturday, we went to see the Redwood trees and then got to the airport just in time to board the plane.















All in all, it was a great little trip. I have been trying to find the song "I Left My Heart In San Francisco by Tony Bennett", but haven't had any luck.

We had no regrets, except one; instead of riding public transit, we should have rented a car from the start. Oh well, a lesson well learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment